How Managers Can Help Reduce Holiday Stress
The holidays can be a stressful time for many people. ClearRock, an executive coaching firm in Boston, offers 5 ways that managers can play a role in reducing employee stress:
1. Help where you can. Ask employees how you could help to reduce holiday stress.
2. Be generous with “thank you.” Go out of your way to notice their good work and say thank you. Also, be aware of any employees who have recently lost a loved one and may need a little extra encouragement.
3. Remain visible. Show an interest. It’s a good time for face time in the office.
4. Involve employees in decisions.
5. Encourage time off. Whenever possible, it pays to encourage employees to use some of their earned time during the holiday rush.
For more details, read the entire article
Check out Kathy Greer’s Survival Guide for Managers blog.